a wandering woman writes

Monday, April 29, 2013

A Right to Sing the Blues



While I try to work the rust off of my blogging machinery (i.e. my writing), I will post the stumbled-upon treats I've
been stashing away during the last couple of years.

Today, I bring you a stash dated a year ago this week, a gorgeous photo essay of elderly blues musicians on the New York Times Lens blog.

The photos, the work of North Carolina photographer Jimmy Williams, led me to Music Maker Relief Foundation, an organization that works to preserve and promote the musical traditions of the American South by providing for the day to needs of older traditional artists, while also working to promote their music and build their careers.



Spend some time. I highly recommend playing the  Music Maker site's rockin' jukebox whilst you wander through the photos.

2 Comments:

  • Gor. gee. ous.

    Exquisite work. Thanks for the find.

    By Anonymous Laura, at 3:36 PM  

  • You are most welcome, my friend, Quite pleased with that find myself.

    By Blogger Erin, at 1:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home